Since, 2008, Camp Rockmont in Black Mountain, NC has served as the host camp for Adventure Week. Camp Rockmont “partners” with organizations that currently work with “at risk” or underprivileged boys in cities throughout the Southeast (ie., Boys Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, etc). They work together to identify boys who qualify for a CDF scholarship and work directly with the respective organizations and the boys families to make all the arrangements to attend “Adventure Week” or a Classic 2 week session. The Camp Diversity Foundation then provides the necessary funding for those boys to attend camp.
Each day begins with “Morning Watch”—a time to share a daily thought and how to apply it to our day. Songs and skits are a fun part of this special time.
Throughout the day, caring Christian staff serve as positive role models for the many challenges and opportunities of the day.
Each day ends with a devotion in the cabin. Counselors share scripture and the group discusses how God’s word may be applied in our lives.
Camp Rockmont is an ACA Accredited Camp with first rate camping facilities.
Camp Rockmont will provide cabin staff at a minimum 4:1 camper to staff ratio.
Campers stay in a group of clean, rustic cabins close to all activity sites.
Cabin staff are Christian men who are 18 years or older and have completed at least 1 year of college. All staff go through extensive training each summer and undergo background checks.
Well trained and experienced staff will lead activities that may include but are not limited to: aquatics, camping, canoeing, climbing, crafts, fishing, group games, homesteading, mountain biking, nature, riding, rocketry, target sports and team sports.
MEALS AND SNACKS
Food is good and plentiful…no one goes hungry while at Camp Rockmont! Special dietary needs will be considered.
ON SITE HEALTHCARE
Our top priority is the physical, emotional, and spiritual health and safety of campers while in our care. Rockmont has an on-site Health Center staffed by nurses 24 hours a day. Asheville, a recognized medical community of excellence, is only 15 miles away.
All campers are covered under a health and accident insurance policy while at Camp Rockmont.
- Rise & Shine7:30 AMCan’t wait to get this day going!
- Breakfast8:00 AM
- Morning Watch8:45 AM
I’m now ready to make the most of this day.
- Cabin Clean-up9:15 AMMany hands make easy the work.
- 1st Activity9:45 AMHow do I decide? We will help you choose.
- 2nd Activity11:00 AMMore fun!
- End of Morning Activities12:15 PMDon’t worry…more to come.
- Lunch12:30 PMYummier.
- Rest1:15 PMGet energized for the afternoon.
- 3rd Activity2:00 PMYahoo!
- Snack3:15 PMTasty.
- 4th Activity3:45 PMYee-hi!
- 5th Activity5:00 PMHow much fun can one have in a day?
- End of afternoon activities6:15 PMBut not the end of the day’s fun!
- Supper6:30 PMYummiest!
- Evening Activity7:15 PMMovies, entertainers, campfires, special games
- Showers8:30 PMAll that fun and a guy needs to get clean again.
- Cabin devotions9:00 PMThank you, God, for an incredible day!
- Lights out9:30 PMLots of good things to dream about.